Thursday, May 29, 2008

New Intern: Elaina DeStefano

Hi my name is Elaina DeStefano, I am 18 years old and from New Hampshire. This is my first time in South America , and working with Iteams, and God has been very good since my time here! I go to Liberty University in Virginia, and next year I will be a sophmore. In attending Liberty Univeristy I have already seen a growth in my faith, and I love how Liberty pushes you to continue to grow in your realtionship with christ. My first experience with missions in another country was when I was a junior in high school. I got the amazing opportuntiy to go, along with other juniors around New England to the Dominican Republic. I was there for 10 days, and that trip really opened my eyes to how many things could be done to help God´s people, there just needed to be poeple willing to do them. Since than I have been to Uganda as well, and each of these experiences have made me want to continue to do missions even more. I am here in Bolivia for about two more weeks (all together it will be a month). Interning has been really good so far, and it has also allowed me to experince true Bolivian culture! I have already developed a heart for the people here, and I am sure I speak for the rest of the interns when I say we all have. It is my prayer that God can use all of us in anyway he sees fit to bring glory to His name, and bring love to His people.

No comments:

Post a Comment