Thursday, July 5, 2007

Hey there! My name is Jessica and I have been here in Cochabamba since June 10 and I will be leaving next Tuesday, July 10. This trip has been such an adventure and a blessing for me. It has been an adventure because this trip has been full of new things. It was the first time I lived in another country, the first time I worked in an orphanage, the first time I had to speak what little I know of another language in order to communicate, and the first time i got to see how missionaries work and live. Each of the interns here has challeged me in a different way. Here are just a few ways i have been challeged: Stephan helped me realize the importance of a sense of urgency when it comes to the souls of those you love. Ashley challenged me to be more compassionate, empathetic, and encouraging to all those i am surrounded by. Lisdsay showed me how important is to love those around you, in word and deed, when they are present and when they are not. And Eric challenged me to be more selfless in my actions. I will carry these lessons with me forever. I am so grateful that God put these people in my life and I wish all the best for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment