Thursday, June 21, 2007

Psalm 139: 14a

How Great Is Our God!
It´s been quite an experience here so far in Cochabamba, Bolivia even though I was here 2 years ago but a lot have changed since then.
Being here for 6 months (now 5 months) knowing how everyday is different and we won´t be in Chapare all the time would sometimes make me feel that there isn´t much work here to be done but these past few weeks I´ve learned that going on a mission trip isn´t always about what I want but it is what God wants. Even working for the missionaries here, such as doing little things like clean the truck, clean the dog, clean the guest house, would be considered ministry work. A lot of people out there do not know that and would always think that going on a mission trip is always about doing the actual ministry work (building orphanages here in Bolivia).
Something that I´ve noticed is the word COMMISSION. If you spell the word commission with only one M, it would be Co-Mission, and the first part os Co-Mission requires us to spread His Word to different nations of the world, and the other part of Co-Mission is building relationships and bridges and that´s what I´ve been doing when working in Chapare.
Everytime I travel to the orphanages and see the orphans, I wonder why and how these kids that are so precious can be abandonned.
This morning doing devotions and dong some reflection with God, I read Psalm 139:14a.

Psalm 139:14 (New International Version)I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

After reading that, I recognized that we should not take anything for granted that our God has given to us. I should praise Him daily because He is the one that created me and that I should be happy for the family that He has given me because not a lot of people get that opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment