Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Happy Anniversary


Did you know that Bonnie and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on October 20th? I shared that news with a taxi driver earlier this week. He told me that he was on his 2nd marriage and they have a six month old baby and this relationship was doing so well either. He asked me for advice, that doesn’t happen too often. It was a short ride but I still managed to give him a two point sermon. First I told him, to recognize the fact that he married an imperfect spouse; he laughed immediately and agreed. I waved my finger at him as he looked for approval from me in the rearview mirror. I assured him that was only half of the first point and that she also needed to recognize that he wasn’t perfect either and they both need to be tolerant and forgiving. As I began point two he seemed a bit more somber and attentive. I told him he had to let her know he appreciates her constantly. We celebrated communion this last week along with many Churches that set aside the first Sunday of the month. We discussed the chances of a successful relationship where you only communicate or celebrate a loved one once a month or once a year? He asked if the flowers in my hand were for our anniversary and I told him yes but not our 25th year; it was to celebrate an anniversary of another day together. He charged me 10bs but I gave him 20bs if he promised to by his wife flowers with the change. Not everyone is blessed to have a wife like mine that would follow me to the ends of the earth; however, all marriages are a blessing. I pray for each one of you that’s been blessed with a partner to share your life with.

No comments:

Post a Comment