Monday, August 20, 2007

Days in Chapare




WOW! It certainly feels weird to be back in Cochabamba after spending 2 1/2 weeks in Chapare working at KM21 orphanage with Remberto. Throughout those 2 1/2 weeks, I´ve learned a lot just through the actions of the Bolivians that live in Chapare and have such a huge heart for God. In one week, at Neuva Jerusalen (the church right by the orphanage) has 4 services, 1 in the morning on Sundays and 1 at night, 1 at night on Tuesdays, and 1 at night on Thursdays and being a Westerner, you barely see churches with 4 services in one week. Even though at times no one would show up we would have great times of fellowship just chatting and talking about random things like culture, language, animals in Chapare, etc. It was definitely a great experience and definitely what I had asked for, and I want to extend me thanks to Mike in giving me this great opportunity and of course everytime heading to Chapare, I thank God that He´s been the one making the decisions and protecting us from sickness.
It has been a great opportunity for me just getting to know Remberto more as we have our one-on-one conversations at the dinner table from time to time and just having no option but to speak Spanish really helped me a lot.
Remberto has certainly been a great testimony to my life just hearing the things that he desires and my prayer to him comes from Psalm 37:4 - Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. I have shared that passage with him and also Micah 6:8 and pray that he will take those 2 passages to heart.
During my stay I also got the chance to see Evo the President give some sort of speech and with my Spanish, I didn´t understand a thing but I did get a couple of pictures of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment